ACH Set-Up

Posted by awalk5 on December 14, 2012 (03:37PM)

Hello all. Has anyone tried to set-up a new ACH with the option to upload the 2 documents needed (license and voided check or bank statement)?

I uploaded both documents but only the license was received (no error messages when I uploaded so I assumed it was all good). I allowed the 3 business days (should take 2-3 according to the documentation). After the 3rd day I checked in to see when I could expect it to be completed. It's only then I find that only the license was received.

Anyone else run into this?

It would be nice to get an e-mail confirmation of what was received. I get enough e-mails about other things.

If I would have known only one was received, I would not have to wait over a week to get the ACH set-up with no ability to move money in or out of the account since I would have resubmitted the other piece right away.

Posted by Nolan1971 on December 14, 2012 (04:38PM)

I had the exact same problem. It seems as though they don't check the uploads, or something. I eventually received an email, talked to one of the reps on chat, and ended up emailing the same documents to... uh:
ach@tradeking.com

I'd just go ahead and send the documents there. You should probably jump on chat and talk to someone first though, now that I think about it.

Posted by awalk5 on December 14, 2012 (05:20PM)

I sent the other doc yesterday by e-mail. Chatted yesterday and today.

Still frustrating.

Posted by Nolan1971 on December 14, 2012 (05:52PM)

I agree.

It's certainly nice that TK offers ACH transfers. When I was shopping around, before actually signing up here, TK appears to be about the only brokerage (that I could join... IB, for example, required $10,000 to open an account) that has the capability to perform ACH transfers.

Still, since this is new account support, you'd think that it would go a lot smoother than it does. I actually thought that I was the only one to run into this sort of problem, before seeing your post here.

Posted by David Dusseault on December 14, 2012 (09:18PM)

awalk5

You are all set please check the ACH profile.

Thanks,
Dave

Posted by WJCIV on December 15, 2012 (10:26AM)

I thought ACH was pretty standard. My TDAmeritrade account has it.

David, if this is a commom problem, can you offer some tips for avoiding it in the future? Was the image size of the check too big? Was it just a fluke?

Posted by David Dusseault on December 15, 2012 (12:02PM)

WJCIV,

Tech is looking at the upload tool and testing it however does not see anything wrong or any documents that have not been processed. 

You can't use any special characters in the file name. Not sure on this one. We will continue to monitor the tool once the week kicks off again. One alternative is via fax machine however upload is much easier.

Dave

Posted by WJCIV on December 15, 2012 (07:29PM)

Does 'special characters' include spaces? For a lot of programmers, it would. For a lot of users, it wouldn't.

Posted by awalk5 on December 15, 2012 (09:12PM)

Both of the docs I uploaded used the default names the camera gives them.

No spaces and the only non-numeric characters were a dash (-) and an underscore (_) in the files names.  It does not seem special characters are an issue were since one transmitted just fine, but the other did not.

Posted by David Dusseault on December 15, 2012 (10:36PM)

awalk5 -

OK. good to know thanks I'll pass that along.

As an fyi we received and processed almost 10,000 documents this week from the upload tool so I'm not sure there was an issue however we will continue to look at it.

"Spaces" should not be a problem for this tool. 

Dave

Posted by awalk5 on December 17, 2012 (10:38AM)

Just because 10,000 documents were processed with no apparent issues does not mean there are no issues.

I have system development experience (I just say this so my statements do not come off as someone that's not knowledgeable about system development and support). I understand these are the kinds of issues that are hard to recognize if they do not throw an error. Because an error isn't thrown does not mean that a defect does not exist. It's one of those deals that you have to see it to believe it.

The system apparently does not upload all documents in some cases (mine and Nolan1971).  Does the document from the second file attachment get uploaded? Is the second file attachment just dead? Are there any errors in the system logs anywhere, for anything?

I've also worked with file uploads and understand sometimes stuff happens. No discernible reason, they just do. Nonetheless this is the kind of functionality that should be the most straightforward and pretty much bread and butter.

I am suggesting that rather than a generic e-mail to remind people to submit the proper documents after using the upload tool that there needs to be something more specific as to what was received and what is still outstanding. Whether that's an e-mail and/or a posting under the users account as to what has been received.

AW

Posted by David Dusseault on December 17, 2012 (11:22AM)

AW -

Of course, and I was not implying that with my message. As I mentioned, tech is looking at everything. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave

You must Log In to post to this forum.

Not a member? Register Now to …

• See what other traders are doing
  • Make your own trades public
  • Share your thoughts on a trade
  • Join or start a group
  • Connect with like-minded traders