TradeKing Live Suggestion Thread

Posted by Buster01 on March 16, 2012 (02:14PM)

Not sure if this is something TK or others would be interested in, but I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread specifically targeted out pointing out and identifying specifics concerns or features we like on TK Live and which could use additional improvement.  I know there are the feedback boxes but I figured this would be a good place to get some more ideas out in the open.

One feature which I know TK is working on and will be extremely useful when it comes out is live charting or pop out charts.

Several suggestions I have to further improve TK Live's functionality and usefulness are:

1) Under the watchlist tab, allow us to sort the "change" column by percentage and not by amount.  Organizing by amount is meaningless as every stock as a drastically different basis.  The regular "pop-out" watchlist correctly sorts this so the code should be a no-brainer to code in.

2) When ordering options, the preview screen does not automatically update the bid/ask price.  This can be quite annoying when trying to place option orders when volume is high and prices are moving fast.  I use the TK Live to watch the options moment but I always revert back to the old page to actually place an option order.  I would like to see the most recent prices the second before I place the order (I do this on the old screen by TK Live live up in another window or by continually pressing the small refresh box).

3) Being able to click on an order or option on our "order status" tab and the stock page or option chain coming up to the screen would be very helpful.  Currently, if I have an open option order, I have to open up the option chain and search for the stock, then by expiration date, then by price to find it, by then the price could have changed and it would be too late to late to amend my order.

4) Is there a way institute multiple watchlists?  I know this is not a TK Live specific suggestion, but I would like to be able to sort my watchlists by sector or industry.

5) Maybe an option in the future to change the background color would be nice, not necessary at all but it would be a nice change of pace instead of always looking at a black screen.

If anyone else has any another suggestions please post them here.  Remember, TK is creating TK Live as a tool to help us trade better.  The more constructive feedback we give the better the experience will be for all.

Posted by kiddo on March 20, 2012 (02:52AM)

1. clicking on any particular holding should bring up the info in the detailed quote section

2. sorting the columns under the watchlist should be automatically updated. meaning. if a price sorting in descending order originally A,B,C,D and the price of D suddenly jumps above C, the order should change to A,B,D,C instead of remaining A,B,C,D.

Posted by doougle on March 20, 2012 (08:44AM)

I'd like to see a chart of my account value and P/L.  Including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly time frames.  I'd like to compare this month to last month, this year to last year, etc..

I don't like that I can't get option spread quotes in the hour before the market opens.  It's normally just an annoyance, but last week I put in a debit order for a position that should have been a credit.   Needles to say I was filled rather quickly.  It was a mistake I might not have made if the quote showed me the last values rather than dashes. (this was on the original site)

Posted by kiddo on March 20, 2012 (02:32PM)

option to sort gain/loss under holdings by percentage.

Posted by kiddo on March 26, 2012 (02:34AM)

any other ideas?
i noticed the detailed quote became more detailed.

Posted by kiddo on March 26, 2012 (09:41AM)

multi-column sort

Posted by deborah on March 26, 2012 (02:51PM)

Copy trademonster and add more features.... boom, now TK would be #1.

I would like a chart of option prices like think or swim allows.

Posted by J. Dow Atkins on March 26, 2012 (02:54PM)

All,

Many, many thanks for the great suggestions.  As part of our ongoing efforts to develop this platform openly, and in the public eye, I want to extend an invitation to participate in a live Webinar tomorrow, where I will be speaking about our LIVE platform.  You can sign up here:

Please join me tomorrow, March 27th at 5pm ET for a discussion about TradeKing LIVE

I plan to go over our thought process behind creating LIVE, current ways of using the platform to help you trade, as well as talking about some of the new features we are planning.  I will also spend some time discussing some interesting aspects of our future plans for LIVE, and answering any questions that anyone may have.

Again, thank you all for taking the time to provide us feedback and suggestions.  As always, our goal is to improve, refine, and add features based on your input.  We are building LIVE based on your feedback, so feel free to tell us what you want to see – I’ll then see what I can do about making it happen!

Regards,
J. Dow Atkins
Sr. Manager, Product Development

Posted by Buster01 on March 26, 2012 (06:46PM)

J.,

Thanks for the reply.  Will the webinar be available to watch proceeding the event?  I will have to work late tomorrow and will be unable to attend at 5pm.  I will, however, be able to watch it later tomorrow evening.

Thanks,
Buster

Posted by J. Dow Atkins on March 27, 2012 (09:51AM)

Buster01,

This webinar will be available online after the live event, however, it may take several business days before we can archive it the Education Center. I would start looking for it in a week or so, and I'll update this thread when we post it.

We will be hosting these webinars more frequently going forward, so maybe you will be able to make our next one.

Thank you again for the ideas and feedback.

Regards,
J. Dow Atkins

Posted by kiddo on April 03, 2012 (09:25AM)

a tab for news related to your holdings

Posted by J. Dow Atkins on April 18, 2012 (11:21AM)

All,

Again, I want to thank everyone for their feedback on this thread.  Please continue to send and post your thoughts and comments -- it's extremely helpful in the development process.

I also thought I would give everyone a quick update on the larger things we plan on introducing soon for LIVE:

• Streaming Charts -- this is currently in development and we are targeting a launch date of late May
  • A new, light color scheme -- we are working on this, however I don't have a target date as of yet
  • Price Alerts
  • Realtime Cost Basis

I'll continue to update this thread as we come closer to launch time, so keep a look out!

Regards,
J. Dow Atkins

Posted by spshapiro on April 18, 2012 (04:52PM)

How do you get on this discussion? It is not listed in upcoming events.
sorry I now see that it already happened.

Posted by Buster01 on April 18, 2012 (05:14PM)

J Dow, thanks for the update.  I look for forward to see the progress you guys have made.

Posted by Bubonic33 on April 20, 2012 (05:41PM)

One thing I would really like to see is change or %change when it comes to options value. I haven't used TK Live to trade once because I use the AlphaTrade streaming options data over live for that particular feature. If you included change or %change i would trade via live.

thanks. 

Posted by MoreDiv on April 27, 2012 (01:59PM)

Posted by kiddo
"option to sort gain/loss under holdings by percentage."

or anywhere. It sorts by $ gain/loss and not percentage change. If not defaulting to % then give us an option to change it to sort by % change or a separate column to sort by %. thanks.

(My apologies if this is repeated request - I didn't read through every post..)

Posted by MoreDiv on April 27, 2012 (02:20PM)

to clarify - my last post was re: "Change" column. Under Dashboard / Holdings or Watchlist. I care a lot more about percent changes than I do amount if you need to pick a 'default'. thanks again

Posted by Buster01 on April 30, 2012 (09:04AM)

MoreDiv said: to clarify - my last post was re: "Change" column. Under Dashboard / Holdings or Watchlist. I care a lot more about percent changes than I do amount if you need to pick a 'default'. thanks again

This fix seems extremely easy and I wish they would institute this change in TK Live (it is already in the original watchlist).  I don't think a single person on the planet cares about amount of basis point change over % of change.

Posted by kiddo on May 04, 2012 (02:12PM)

Buster01 said:

I don't think a single person on the planet cares about amount of basis point change over % of change.

i actually do. i'd rather lose $1000 at 10% than 2000 at 5%

Posted by kiddo on May 07, 2012 (09:06AM)

you teasing pictures for the summer release of TK Live have me impatiently waiting.
any word on the actual release date/week yet?
if i could, i wouldn't wait.
but since the situation is not under my control i'm forced to.

You must Log In to post to this forum.

Not a member? Register Now to …

• See what other traders are doing
  • Make your own trades public
  • Share your thoughts on a trade
  • Join or start a group
  • Connect with like-minded traders