Android App

Posted by kiddo on March 07, 2012 (03:09PM)

soooo....
how come there's no android app for tradeking.
looking around I see it's been in the works for over 3 years???

i'm not a developer and i know it takes time but 3 years?
with the continual promise that it will come?

i'd just like to know how close (or far away) to releasing an android app for wonderful Tradeking. (because Tradeking really is wonderful and an android app would make it more convenient and "wonderfuller")

Posted by TK Frisbee Guy on March 07, 2012 (05:17PM)

Hi Kiddo,

First and foremost, thank you for the kind words regarding TradeKing. The closest and best timeframe that I can offer you is that we have full expectation for a release within 2012. You can find a recent post here from one of our Vice Presidents, who unfortunately wasn't yet able to give a firm commitment date, but did acknowledge as you have that the native Droid app is not the lone priority from a product development standpoint. In recent conversations I've had personally with our management and directors, we do have current plans for movement on the Droid front within the calendar year. Sorry for the wait, and thank you as always for being a TradeKinger.

Kind regards,

Rocco Sabino
TradeKing
Trading and Customer Support

Posted by sodennis on June 13, 2012 (03:04AM)

Seriously?  This is BS.  You guys have been feeding us the same excuses since October 2010!  Every month or so, somebody post and asks about when can we expect an Android app.  Then you reply with some patronizing non-committal answer, saying "We're hard at work making this the best app ever!  It should be out within a few months, but can't give you a release date."

Heads up people:  In the world of programming, no release date (hell, even release month or quarter) means that it's not close to being done.  And based on Rocco's statement that "Droid app is not the lone priority," along with being given the runaround for 3 years, it's a safe bet that's probably not a priority at all,

I like people and companies that believe in commitments, and do what they say they say they are going to do.  So here's my commitment - I'm taking my business elsewhere unless you guys get with the program and deliver what you've been promising by October.  I love TK, but enoughs enough already.

I encourage others to do the same.

Posted by TK Frisbee Guy on June 13, 2012 (10:56AM)

sodennis,

I just recently myself switched to an iPhone, but as a previously long-standing droid faithful, I'm with you on our need to support the great OS and devices powered Android. With regard to my statement about Droid not being the lone priority from a product development standpoint, I only meant to acknowledge that our clients would be seeing releases along the way to Droid, like the TradeKing Live Charts just rolled out. As for Droid, we have a bare bones--get the job done mobile app for Droid available right now here in the play store. It's strictly an offering for the wait, until our more robust Droid application is launched.

To that end, the recent announcement of TradeKing and Zecco's agreement to merge should help speed this along. Zecco has a fully-featured and easy to use active Android application that we're eager to re-tool for TradeKing clients to also enjoy. Following regulatory approval, this will be addressed early in the integration plans, since the already fully developed platform should facilitate a quick transition and release. We'll know more as those integration plans take shape, and I'll let you know as soon as I do if it won't be meeting your October deadline.

Best regards,

Rocco Sabino
TradeKing

Posted by Thai Vongsaroj on June 14, 2012 (09:49PM)

Please, Please, Please, MAKE an Android App....This is ridiculous already TradeKing. Every other trading service offers some kind of app!

Posted by NASDAQsavages on June 14, 2012 (10:02PM)

you will wait until the merger.

I'm still applauding the fact we have TK live.

Posted by flanyboy on June 15, 2012 (03:41AM)

Really want an App for this to... would likely make me trade more actively than just occasionally,

Posted by dbright007 on June 15, 2012 (05:30PM)

Tradeking merging withe Zecco.  Guessing we will get an android app when that is completed.
No real sense for TK to work on building one if they are just gonna use the Zecco one anyway.  

Posted by Preb2k4 on June 28, 2012 (06:52AM)

TK Frisbee Guy said:  As for Droid, we have a bare bones--get the job done mobile app for Droid available right now here in the play store. It's strictly an offering for the wait, until our more robust Droid application is launched.

What is the name of the app?  I can't find it, in the Play Store.  Thanks in advance.

Posted by JimCollins on October 09, 2012 (12:21PM)

Still waiting. It's October.

Posted by David Dusseault on October 09, 2012 (12:31PM)

TradeKing will introduce a new droid app as part of the merger with Zecco. Dbright is correct above, we are not building once since Zecco already has one, simply adapting it for TradeKing customers.
Time frame right now on this is December sometime.

thanks,
Dave

Posted by Tony H. on October 09, 2012 (10:50PM)

You lack discipline! Get to the Choppaaa!!!!

King Regards,

Tony H.

Posted by HenryHank on October 12, 2012 (12:46PM)

December...yeah right...I'll believe it when I see it.  I've been told "in a few months" for almost 2 years now I think.

Posted by Buster01 on October 12, 2012 (12:52PM)

While I do highly anticipate a quality Android App, I trade just fine you the mobile-enhanced webpage TK currently has.  It can perform all my needs just fine and I do trade pretty heavily using my smartphone.

Posted by rmartish on October 14, 2012 (02:58PM)

HenryHank said: December...yeah right...I'll believe it when I see it.  I've been told "in a few months" for almost 2 years now I think.

I think we are all in the same boat. 2 years of just lies. What else could you call it. Read the posts about the android app and you will see that we have been lied for 2 years.

Posted by David Dusseault on October 15, 2012 (09:39AM)

The merger is on track for December. Along with that comes several things including a Zecco Droid app that TK customers can use.

Here is some more info about the existing functional Zecco droid app that will be available to TK customers soon.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zecco.mobile&hl=en

thanks,
Dave

Posted by kiddo on October 16, 2012 (06:15PM)

awesomeness.

how about a paper/virtual trading platform to go with it?

Posted by Uronlydreaming on October 18, 2012 (07:22AM)

This has me dismayed, as well.  I couldn't believe that, in this day and age of technological advancements, a Droid app wouldn't be available.  I was doing some daytrading early on and the mobile desktop, while better than nothing, is still not nimble enough to turn on a dime, so to speak.  There were moments, when navigating the mobile page, that prices changed by a dime, costing me $500+, before I could affect a trade.

For right now, don't need anything fancy... just something basic but FAST... lightning fast. ;)  Thx

Posted by kcluva on December 10, 2012 (03:31PM)

The new TradeKing iPhone and Android Apps are available for download now! You can find the iPhone app here and the Android app here.

Also, be sure to check out Dow Atkins' Forum Post on the new Mobile TradeKing!

You must Log In to post to this forum.

Not a member? Register Now to …

• See what other traders are doing
  • Make your own trades public
  • Share your thoughts on a trade
  • Join or start a group
  • Connect with like-minded traders