Can I get rich off investing $1000?

Posted by bigdreamslittlemoney on July 02, 2009 (01:11PM)

Maybe not, but I like playing the penny stocks and so far, have gotten much better returns than investing in blue-blood stocks like Ford and GE.  I am trying again with Xynergy Holdings (XYNH) who claim they have increased the fuel efficiency of a Prius by 86%. 

XYNH:  http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Xynergy-Holdings-Inc-1012081.html

I am splitting my grand and putting half in BIEL.  I am sure you have heard of them since they have an electromagnetic pain relieving device that is suppose to replace acetomenephine (tylenol).  They have had some stellar gains lately, so I am going to scoop them up while they are down.

I am not posting this so anyone else will buy.  Penny stocks are a huge risk and not for those faint of heart or who aren't prepared to loose money (all of it, every single penny).  I just thought this would make an interesting forum discussion, so please TELL ME I AM CRAZY!

Posted by The Otter Way on July 02, 2009 (02:24PM)

I think anyone can get rich by following a good set of rules... Currently there is a discussion going on about mgt of portfolio

http://community.tradeking.com/forum/topics/2471/forum_posts .. Hitting the money and having good cents (ha).... to mgt the portfolio then ... I say one day you can be rich....  If the bottom doesn't fall out...

Posted by Veneratio on July 02, 2009 (02:29PM)

You're question is can you get "rich" from a $1000. The answer is 99.99999% of the time is...

No

Posted by livinTheLife on July 02, 2009 (02:45PM)

The cost of learning to becoming rich is more than $1,000.00

And it is not guaranteed either.

Posted by WhiteBay on July 02, 2009 (04:11PM)

^^that is so true...

Some fund managers went broke 3 or 4 times before they finally got the had of it...its in the classic Market Wizards

Posted by OldFart on July 02, 2009 (04:11PM)

It is like in a Dirty Harry movie, do you feel lucky. Is is possible - absolutely. Is is probable - no (as Ven noted). R U crazy - only a medical doctor can confirm that :-)

Posted by Coffeenut on July 02, 2009 (04:15PM)

Hey BD,  I have not gotten rich off penny stocks...... but I sure have made a nice profit from them. Nothing in Life is a guarantee. That why we take risks!   Good Luck to ya!!!

Posted by livinTheLife on July 02, 2009 (04:24PM)

I beg to differ Coffenut, the bad things in life are Always a guarantee.

Posted by Coffeenut on July 02, 2009 (04:30PM)

You do have a point there....... But what about the good things that happen too! Guess its one to ponder on! The fact is.... we dont know in till we take them chances!

Posted by El Dorado on July 03, 2009 (01:17AM)

I think it is very possible you can get rich, or lose it all!

Won’t know unless you try!

Posted by El Dorado on July 03, 2009 (01:27AM)

livinTheLife said: I beg to differ Coffenut, the bad things in life are Always a guarantee.

Got that right, mortality sucks!

Posted by TampaJake on July 03, 2009 (05:46AM)

I know I will probably get blasted by this comment but yes you can if you are giving your "first fruit" tithe to your local church.
What that means is that God will bless you, if... when you get your paycheck, before you right out any of your bills or spend a dime you write that tithe check first.

Proverbs 3:9-10 says: Honor the Lord with your possesions, and with the firstfruits or your increase, so your barns will be filled with plenty, any your vats will overflow with new wine.

Posted by Coffeenut on July 03, 2009 (08:41AM)

My MOM (rip) always told me to give and it will come back around.............. She was right!  So no blast from me TJ : )

Posted by livinTheLife on July 03, 2009 (08:49AM)

TampaJake said: I know I will probably get blasted by this comment but yes you can if you are giving your "first fruit" tithe to your local church.
What that means is that God will bless you, if... when you get your paycheck, before you right out any of your bills or spend a dime you write that tithe check first.

Proverbs 3:9-10 says: Honor the Lord with your possesions, and with the firstfruits or your increase, so your barns will be filled with plenty, any your vats will overflow with new wine.

I can't stand it when people mix money, which is a pagan item and ''of this world'' to the divine.

Include the Lord at dinner when eating with your family, don't include God when it comes to making money.

Posted by unlucky on July 03, 2009 (10:27AM)

This is how you do it.

Take your 1000 dollars and hit a 10 banger.

Then take your 10,000 dollars and hit another 10 banger.

Then take your 100.000 dollars and hit another 10 banger.

If you can do this then you just became a millionaire.

Good Luck.

Posted by MrReed on July 03, 2009 (10:34AM)

unlucky said: This is how you do it.

Take your 1000 dollars and hit a 10 banger.

Then take your 10,000 dollars and hit another 10 banger.

Then take your 100.000 dollars and hit another 10 banger.

If you can do this then you just became a millionaire.

Good Luck.

Gonna take more then luck im afraid Unlucky, lol.  A miracle would be more like it, but, I guess it could be done.

Posted by TDK326 on July 03, 2009 (01:30PM)

odds are stacked against you from making big $$$ but it can be done, if you're discplined about it, if not, it might take longer than you think or you might just crash & burn if you buy into the latest fad in securities....

Posted by TampaJake on July 03, 2009 (04:18PM)

livinTheLife said:  I can't stand it when people mix money, which is a pagan item and ''of this world'' to the divine.

Include the Lord at dinner when eating with your family, don't include God when it comes to making money.

If you pray for dinner, why wouldn't you pray for your finances?  As far as money being a pagan item, did you know there are more verses in the bible relating to money than any other subject? More than love, more than prayer, more than anything.

I have a friend whose driveway is paved with gold and his gates are made of pearl. My friend, God, promises to rebuke the devourer, to reward those who diligently seek them, to return my tithe pressed, down, shaken together and running over. (A tithe for those that may not know is a tenth of your income. It is given to the Lord before you pay your bills, buy your groceries, invest in the stock market, etc.) 

I have tested God and found his promises to be true. My trading account is back to near the level it was at when the DJIA was at 12,000
and I currently have more in the bank than at any time in my life. Not that I am wealthy, I am not. God takes care of my needs and the needs of my family because I am faithful in my giving and He never changes.

Posted by livinTheLife on July 03, 2009 (04:25PM)

TampaJake said:

livinTheLife said:  I can't stand it when people mix money, which is a pagan item and ''of this world'' to the divine.

If you pray for dinner, why wouldn't you pray for your finances?  As far as money being a pagan item, did you know there are more verses in the bible relating to money than any other subject? More than love, more than prayer, more than anything.

I have a friend whose driveway is paved with gold and his gates are made of pearl. My friend, God, promises to rebuke the devourer, to reward those who diligently seek them, to return my tithe pressed, down, shaken together and running over. (A tithe for those that may not know is a tenth of your income. It is given to the Lord before you pay your bills, buy your groceries, invest in the stock market, etc.) 

I have tested God and found his promises to be true. My trading account is back to near the level it was at when the DJIA was at 12,000
and I currently have more in the bank than at any time in my life. Not that I am wealthy, I am not. God takes care of my needs and the needs of my family because I am faithful in my giving and He never changes.

If memory serves me right, when the traders (no pun intended) were setting up shop in the temple where Jesus was preaching, what did Jesus do? I don't think He was too pleased if you read that particular passage. You surely must know the one Im talking about.

Either way, you do you, I'ma do me.

Posted by livinTheLife on July 03, 2009 (04:28PM)

And my friend, you don't test God, God tests you.

You must Log In to post to this forum.

Not a member? Register Now to …

• See what other traders are doing
  • Make your own trades public
  • Share your thoughts on a trade
  • Join or start a group
  • Connect with like-minded traders