Anyone know when wire transfers (supposed to post on the next business day) usually post to account? At what hour?

Posted by aapixelized on June 06, 2009 (07:26PM)

Apparently, if your wire transfer is after 10 am, the funds go to your account next business day. I sent one around noon on friday, and am pretty sure it'll go through on monday, BUT i don't know what hour in the day it's going to post. I really need that money before trading hours start.
In your expereince, when do wire transfers actually post to your account on the next business day?

Posted by BeretDude on June 06, 2009 (07:36PM)

Quite honestly, I have done  3 wire transfers and 2 of them were done at the bank around 1 pm and by the time I got home, which is only a 10 min drive, they were already here in my account.  The third one I did on a Saturday and it had to wait until Mondayfor it  to go out and that took much longer for some reason.. Lesson learned... no more wire transfers on a Saturday..lol

I don't know who you bank with, but really your funds should be in your account here now.  Have you clicked on  Accounts up top and checked either Summary or Balances?...Could be there without your having noticed it... they don't send you a message saying it is there.

Posted by aapixelized on June 06, 2009 (07:55PM)

Haha yeah, I've been checking that, but it hasn't gone through. I don't think they do any processing during the weekend. I just hope it is processed early in the morning on monday, like if they start at 8, it is processed and posted by 9.

That is really crazy that the funds went through so quickly on yours! You don't live on Wall Street, do you? Haha

Posted by BeretDude on June 06, 2009 (09:21PM)

LOL. no, I sure don't live on Wall Street.  I bank with Bank of America, and I held their stock for a short time, until I needed the funds for things better.   ;)

Posted by datadave on June 07, 2009 (11:04PM)

My Friday wire transfer came through pretty quickly even though after the daily cut-off of fund avail. I can trade with it asap monday morning. 
Was surprised not to see the 25 dollar credit for an over $5K wire transfer on my activity page yet. Last time I requested it and got it but wonder if it was automatic or delayed until I requested it. Does everyone who wires over $5K get the credit or did they request it?? My bank indeed did charge the $25 fee as specified. 

Posted by BeretDude on June 08, 2009 (03:00AM)

datadave said: My Friday wire transfer came through pretty quickly even though after the daily cut-off of fund avail. I can trade with it asap monday morning. 
Was surprised not to see the 25 dollar credit for an over $5K wire transfer on my activity page yet. Last time I requested it and got it but wonder if it was automatic or delayed until I requested it. Does everyone who wires over $5K get the credit or did they request it?? My bank indeed did charge the $25 fee as specified. 

As I mentioned in earlier post, I have had 3 wire transfers now, and was never charged for any of them.  At least I never saw an extra charge in my bank account, or here on TK.  

Posted by datadave on June 08, 2009 (07:16AM)

Beretdude, my bank charges $25 bucks for any wire transfer. TK has offered to reimburse customers the same $25. for wire transfers if they are $5000 or over. You probably have a good bank deal we're they don't charge you (esp. if you're a big customer). TK doesn't charge, but similar to it's offer to give us a 'friend finder payment" (i am working on that one with friends and family), TK 'incentivizes' the customers, but doesn't charge a fee for wires. Most banks do though. 

Posted by TK-Stefan on June 08, 2009 (11:34AM)

datadave,

The wire promotion is when you wire $5,000 or more into a non-IRA account as the initial deposit. When this is the case we are able to reimburse up to $25 of the fee that your bank has charged. The request would need to me made through live chat, email or over the phone. If you meet this criteria please let us know and we will be able to put the request in for you. Take care and have a great day.

Best regards,

Stefan McVeigh
TradeKing Customer Support

Posted by datadave on June 08, 2009 (06:52PM)

oh, dang it. It wasn't the 'initial deposit' opps. looks like i should've just took a longer way to send it in. 

You must Log In to post to this forum.

Not a member? Register Now to …

• See what other traders are doing
  • Make your own trades public
  • Share your thoughts on a trade
  • Join or start a group
  • Connect with like-minded traders